Race at the Cape
Saturday, October 8, 2022
5K Race - 8:00 a.m. | One-Mile Run/Walk - 9:15 a.m.
Schedule of Events
Friday, October 7
- 2:00-6:00 p.m. - Early Registration/Packet Pick-Up
Saturday, October 8
- 7:00-7:55 a.m. - Registration Open/Packet Pick-Up
- 7:40 a.m. - 5K Corrals Open
- 7:50 a.m. - Opening Remarks
- 7:57 a.m. - Wheelchair 5K Participants Begin
- 8:00 a.m. - 5K Run/Walk
- 9:05 a.m. - One-Mile Corrals Open
- 9:15 a.m. - One-Mile Fun Run/Walk
Note: The awards ceremony for the 2022 Race at the Cape will take place at the Fall Festival which begins immediately following the race. Participants are also encouraged to check the results online. Any awards not claimed will be distributed via CHC students and mailed to those outside the CHC Community.
Packet pick-up will be held on Friday, October 7 from 2:00-6:00 p.m. at the main entrance of Cape Henry Collegiate (1320 Mill Dam Road, Virginia Beach, Va. 23454). Runners are encouraged to pick up early to avoid lines on race day. Because early packet pick-up will begin prior to the end of the school day, if you are not on campus prior to 2:30 p.m., we ask that you wait until after 3:45 p.m. to pick up your packet to avoid afternoon dismissal congestion. You may pick up packets for friends and family.
Packet pickup is also available at the School on race day (Saturday) from 7:00-7:55 a.m.
Race packets and materials will not be mailed to any registered participants, except for those selecting the Virtual Race option. Packets will not be held for pick up after the race.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where should I park?
- Will there be food/beverages available at the Start/Finish of the event?
- Will there be water stops?
- Will there be sports drinks or energy gels on the course?
- Are headphones (iPods, MP3 players, etc.) allowed during the race?
- Are baby joggers or strollers allowed during the race?
- If I am unable to attend, can I get a refund or transfer/defer my registration?
- I am registered to run the race(s) virtually. When will I receive my packet?
- Will awards be given?
- If I am participating in the Dolphin Double Challenge, will I have to hold on to my 5K medal while I participate in the One-Mile Run/Walk?
Where should I park?
Will there be food/beverages available at the Start/Finish of the event?
Will there be water stops?
Will there be sports drinks or energy gels on the course?
Are headphones (iPods, MP3 players, etc.) allowed during the race?
Are baby joggers or strollers allowed during the race?
If I am unable to attend, can I get a refund or transfer/defer my registration?
I am registered to run the race(s) virtually. When will I receive my packet?
Will awards be given?
If I am participating in the Dolphin Double Challenge, will I have to hold on to my 5K medal while I participate in the One-Mile Run/Walk?
Cape Henry Collegiate’s Race at the Cape is celebrating over 20 years as an amazing family-oriented health and wellness activity for both the Cape Henry community and Hampton Roads runners and walkers. This annual event benefits the programs and activities of Cape Henry Collegiate. The Race at the Cape typically has over 450 participants and is the perfect kick-off to the School’s Fall Festival and Alumni Reunion Weekend! Those that complete the 5K and/or One-Mile run receive a custom medal and a race swag bag. At Cape Henry Collegiate, community is one of our core values and this event affords us a great opportunity to come together as a community for a good cause.
After the race, head over to the Fall Festival for the awards ceremony and more family fun!