An endowment fund serves as an institutional savings account. Interest or investment income is used to offset operational expenses, provide needed scholarships, support professional opportunities for faculty, pay for facility maintenance, just to mention a few of the many items that can be funded.
Typically the corpus of the fund is preserved and is held as an investment in perpetuity with a portion of the income designated to one or many specific purposes. Investment income over a designated amount (set by a formula) is usually retained in the fund to provide a hedge for future inflation.
Donors have the option of establishing a named endowment designated for a specific purpose and/or named in honor or in recognition of an individual, parent, loved one, or colleague. Other donors give to existing endowment funds or to unrestricted general endowment. Certain types of future gifts can also augment the endowment and at the same time provide for recognition in a current campaign.
The School’s philosophy of making a Cape Henry education available to as many students as possible underlines the need for increased endowment for need-based financial assistance as well as to provide faculty with exceptional professional development opportunities. Our Board oversees that the School’s funds are well-managed and cautiously invested for growth.
For more information, please contact Mrs. Julie Scherrer, Major Gifts Officer, at (757) 963-8256 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cape Henry Collegiate's Endowment Funds
- Unrestricted General Endowment
- The William and Judith Audette Honorary Scholarship Fund
- The Class 2010 Endowment Fund for Financial Assistance
- The Preston S. Creech Memorial Endowment Fund
- The Edward E. Ford Foundation Nexus Scholarship Endowment Fund
- The Gianascoli Nexus Scholarship Fund
- The Betty Ann and Ben Huger Family Scholarship Fund
- The Catherine Siscoe Lewis Cape Henry Family Citizen of the Year Award
- The John P. Lewis Endowment Fund for Faculty Development
- The Logan/Fellenbaum Choral Endowment Fund
- The Alice B. Meredith Teacher Enrichment Fund
- The Peregoff Family Endowment Fund
- The Performing Arts Endowment Fund
- The Perry Endowment Funds
- The Patricia R. and Daniel P. Richardson Endowment Fund for Student Financial Aid
- The Sparks Arts Endowment Fund
- The Patricia and Avraham Ashkenazi Nexus Global Education Endowment