The Kramer Family Theater fills Ron and Cindy Kramer with pride as it demonstrates their deep appreciation for the significant role Cape Henry Collegiate played in the lives of their now-grown children.
As imagination and vision become reality on our campus, we can show you the Center for Innovation and Performing Arts as students will soon experience it, thanks to beautiful video renderings from Tymoff+Moss Architects.
After three years of fundraising and a summer of demolition, Cape Henry Collegiate broke ground on the Center for Innovation and Performing Arts this week.
Watch a time-lapse video of the demolition of The Perry Family Auditorium. Once the site is cleared, construction will begin on our new Center for Innovation and Performing Arts.
Rousing final performances were a fitting way to say goodbye to this space as CHC makes way for the Center for Innovation and Performing Arts.
- 49,500 total square feet
- Orchestra, Parterre, Balcony, and Box seating areas
- Over 450 fixed seats
- Fly Loft with Counterweight Rigging System
- Technical Levels for Lighting and Acoustic Engineering
- Flexible Multimedia Control Booth
- Male and Female Dressing Rooms
- Close connection between Arts and Technology
- State of the art multi-disciplinary Fabrication Lab
- Over 10,500 square feet of academic space in the Innovation Center
- Flexible, open classrooms promotes cross-disciplinary collaboration
- Innovation Commons provides space for student-led study and investigation
- Seamless connections to existing campus buildings
Gross Square Feet
Square Feet of Collaborative Academic Space
Square Feet of Engineering Fabrication Lab