Need-Based Financial Assistance
awarded in 2023-2024 for need-based and merit-based financial aid.
of the Student Body received financial aid in 2023-2024.
Cape Henry Collegiate is committed to providing access to all qualified students, regardless of their financial situation. Awarding $2.35 million in need-based financial assistance during the 2023-2024 academic year to approximately 21% of the CHC student body, we strive to help close the gap between the cost of a Cape Henry Collegiate education and what a family can afford. To be eligible for financial aid, the student must be an accepted applicant who has returned an enrollment contract or a current student with a returned enrollment contract for the aid year for which the student is applying. Families must complete the Parents' Financial Statement and submit all required documents to SSS. Parents are notified of financial aid awards in the spring. Financial aid award decisions are made by Cape Henry Collegiate; the School is the sole source of all aid.
In order to make a fair and equitable determination of financial aid awards, Cape Henry Collegiate utilizes the services of The School and Student Services for Financial Aid (SSS). SSS operates an independent company that computes family financial needs and provides many independent schools with information and guidelines. The SSS guidelines and a copy of the family's most recently filed Form 1040, all attachments, and W-2, which are submitted directly to SSS, become the basis for a financial aid award decision.
If you are applying for financial assistance, please complete the following:
By March 1:
- Submit the SSS Parents’ Financial Statement online at https://sssandtadsfa.my.site.com/familyportal. Please note that the fee must be paid by credit card.
- Upload a copy of the family’s 2023 W-2 form(s) (and/or other income statements such as but not limited to a 1099) to SSS.
- The Monthly Income and Expense Statement in SSS must be submitted.
- For single parent households or for families with multiple households, the primary parent must complete the Single Parent/Second Parent Verification Form and submit it to the school (form available in the Download section).
- For families with a child(ren) in college, the 1098-T must also be submitted.
By March 15:
- Upload a signed copy of the family’s 2023 Federal Tax Return with all attached schedules to SSS.
- Families who are a shareholder in an S corporation or a partner in a Partnership will also need to upload copies of Schedule K-1. Families with supplemental income from rental real estate, royalties, partnerships, S corporations, estates, trusts, REMICs, etc, are required to submit Schedule E.
- In cases of separation or divorce, the custodial parent enters pertinent information in Section 31 of the SSS form, the non-custodial parent must also submit his or her 2023 Federal Tax Return, with all attachments and schedules, to the school.
For Families who file an extension and are a shareholder in a S corp or a partner in a Partnership, by October 1:
- 2023 tax forms must be submitted for verification of preliminary financial aid award
For assistance with uploading documents, please contact the Admissions Office at (757) 963-8244.
Any applications received after March 1 will only be considered if funds remain available.
Cape Henry Collegiate admits students of any race, color, religion, sex, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available at the School. It does not discriminate in administration of its personnel policies, admission policies, financial aid, or athletic and other school-administered programs.
Please note that Financial Aid is only available in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Need-based financial assistance is not available for Prekindergarten.
Cape Henry Collegiate
1320 Mill Dam Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
Please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions Office by phone at (757) 963-8234 should you need assistance.