2020-2021 Office of College Counseling Annual Report
The Class of 2021: By the Numbers
- 83 Seniors in the class will matriculate to 45 different schools in 18 different states and the District of Columbia.
- An average of 6 applications submitted per student; 557 total applications submitted.
- The Class of 2021 was admitted to 122 colleges.
- 17 Legends, students who attended Cape Henry continuously from Grade 1 or earlier.
- 10 students will receive Global Scholar distinctions on their diplomas.
- 28 students accepted at James Madison University.
- 58% of the Class of 2021 will attend an out-of-state college or university.
- One quarter of students will be the only CHC student at their college.
- 7 members of the Class will play NCAA athletics at the Division I, II, or III level.
- 38 college representatives visited CHC via Zoom
- 9 students are matriculating at colleges where no Cape Henry student has attended in at least a decade.
- 11% of the Class was admitted via Early Decision/Early Decision 2.
- 85% of seniors took at least one AP Exam.
- 3.61 average AP Exam score (2019 and 2020 scores).
- 77% of the Class of 2021 are members of the National Honor Society.
- 81% of Cum Laude Society students were admitted to a highly selective college (under 30% selectivity).
- An average of 13.67 applications submitted by New Oasis Students.
- 94% of the class applied under and Early Decision and/or Early Action Plan.
- Average G.P.A. of 3.80.