The Class of 2023: By the Numbers
- 90 Seniors in the class will matriculate to 46 different schools in 17 different states, D.C. and Canada.
- An average of 7 applications submitted per student; 623 total applications submitted.
- 23 Legends, students who attended Cape Henry continuously from Grade 1 or earlier.
- 12 students will receive Global Scholar distinctions on their diplomas.
- 29 students accepted at James Madison University.
- 20 students accepted at Virginia Tech.
- 10 members of the Class will play NCAA athletics at the Division I, II, or III level.
- 16 students are matriculating at colleges where there are no current Cape Henry graduates.
- 83% of seniors took at least one AP Exam.
- 375 AP exams taken.
- 85% of Cum Laude Society students were admitted to a highly selective college (under 30% selectivity).
- 97% of the class applied under and Early Decision and/or Early Action Plan.
- 37% submitted at least one application by Octobr 15.
- 4 students will pursue the fine arts in college.
- Members of the class applied and were accepted at 12 of the 14 schools in the SEC.
- 43% of applciations were submitted test optional.
- 10% of our graduates have enrolled in military academies (United States Military Academy West Point, United States Naval Academy, Virginia Military Institute) or the Corps of Cadets.
- Average G.P.A. of 3.84.