Cape Henry Collegiate is committed to creating a culture of professional learning that enhances professional growth and development. As a community, we believe that the most meaningful professional learning occurs in an environment that is collaborative, hands-on, embedded with teacher choice, and grounded in best instructional practices. The C.A.P.E. Institute is an embedded professional development program named for and focused on Collaborative, Academic, Professional and Engaging learning experiences and facilitated by CHC Faculty.
"No matter the C.A.P.E. Institute course I have been enrolled in, my brain is always activated with new information. I have loved each of my courses and benefited from taking them. I greatly appreciate this built in community of professional development that is offered to me within the school year calendar." –Andrea Elliott, Lower School TeacherAll faculty will either facilitate or enroll in a course as members of the C.A.P.E. Institute. C.A.P.E. Institute courses begin in August during pre-service week and continue through February.
- The Writing Revolution
- What's Your Why?: Understanding the Why of Technology in the Classroom
- Becoming a Google Certified Educator
- Mat and Chair Yoga for Everyone
- Art for Mental Wellness
- Activities and Concepts to Promote Wellness
- Productivity and Efficiency for Staff Wellness
- The "B" at CHC: Belonging Basics for Students and Adults