Cape Henry Collegiate is committed to creating a culture of professional learning that enhances professional growth and development. As a community, we believe that the most meaningful professional learning occurs in an environment that is collaborative, hands-on, embedded with teacher choice, and grounded in best instructional practices.
The C.A.P.E. Institute is an embedded professional development program focused on Collaborative, Academic, Professional, and Engaging learning experiences, facilitated by CHC Faculty.
All faculty will either facilitate or enroll in a course as members of The C.A.P.E. Institute. C.A.P.E. Institute courses begin in August during pre-service week and continue through February.
- Multicultural Social Justice Education: Inspiring Our Students to Change the World
- Assessment and Grading in the Differentiated Classroom
- Promoting “Minds-On” Reading Strategies to Emphasize Reading as a Process
- MyCompass: How to Efficiently and Effectively Navigate the CHC Website
- Interactive Instructional Technology for the Classroom
- Communication Is the Key: Unlocking the Tools to Best Communicate with Our Constituents
- Mindfulness in the Classroom
- Integrating Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and Mental Wellness into the K-12 Classroom