- Upper School
Dedicated and passionate professionals are at the core of the Cape Henry Collegiate educational experience. Our exceptional faculty and staff nurture a community of highly motivated students in a diverse and inclusive community that is committed to knowing, valuing, and challenging each student.
Cape Henry is committed to building a team of diverse educators, administrators, and staff who love what they do. We recognize that diversity makes us stronger. Our collaborative faculty and staff work closely together to promote an engaging experience for all students. They are supported through ongoing, high-quality professional development and a collegial atmosphere of commitment to excellence in teaching and learning.
A GREAT PLACE TO TEACH
- Average class size: 15 students
- Class load: 5 sections in Upper and Middle School
- Annual on-site and off-site professional development opportunities that enhance teaching skills
- Forty percent tuition remission for full-time employees (additional need-based financial aid available)
- Nationally competitive salaries and benefits
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and retirement plans
- Consistent annual faculty and staff raises
- On-site fitness center
- Lunch provided
- Professional and mission-driven culture
- Opportunities to chaperone travel abroad programs all over the world
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT HIGHLIGHTS
- On-campus coursework in a variety of areas, including The C.A.P.E. Institute
- A wide range of opportunities (conferences, workshops, retreats, book studies, etc.) foster institutional and personal goals
- Lower School
- Middle School
- All Divisions
- Independent Contractor
- All Divisions
- Lower School
Cape Henry Collegiate welcomes resumes and letters of interest at all times.
For a posted opening, qualified candidates will be granted a preliminary phone or video conference interview. Finalists generally are invited for a full-day interview.
In most scenarios, teaching candidates will be matched with a host teacher, who will provide helpful guidance before and during the visit. Candidates are interviewed by teachers, administrators, and in some instances students. Each teaching candidate delivers a sample lesson and has the opportunity to observe a class.
Cape Henry invites applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for future potential openings.
If you would like to learn more about employment or have any questions about Cape Henry Collegiate, please contact the Human Resources Office at email@example.com.
Cape Henry Collegiate Non-Discriminatory Policy for Employment
Cape Henry Collegiate is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity/national origin, religion, age, gender, disability, genetic history, sexual orientation, family status, and/or veteran status.